Hiring managers reveal a big reason for high unemployment in India
- A third of the
hiringmanagers across industries in India find it difficult to spot the right talent.
- Other challenges to recruitment include matching salary expectations and experience level of the candidate.
- The future will demand professionals to re-skill themselves every 3-4 years so as to evolve in a competitive working environment.
A survey by job search platform Shine says that a third of the hiring managers across industries in India find it difficult to spot the right talent — due to lack of relevant skills.
Almost two in five recruiters noticed that the skills requirement of organizations has turned dynamic and is undergoing a phase of significant transition.
In the future, professionals will have to re-skill themselves every 3-4 years to remain competitive.
“Tech-backed skills are taking the center stage. Professionals are using e-learning platforms to up-skill themselves to meet the expectations of recruiters. We hope to see more pronounced growth in the up-skilling trends across the country, which can power higher employability and make way for a more balanced hiring scenario,” said Zairus Master, CEO of Shine.com.
Other challenges to recruitment include matching salary expectations and experience level of the candidates.
The survey also said that companies are now looking to hire agile talent.
- Best fitness bands in India to stay on top of your health
- Best budget Smart TV in India
- Best camera tripods for photography enthusiasts and learners
- Jupiter's mushball ammonia rain could explain the mystery behind shallow lightning storms in its atmosphere
- Global changes in land use is increasing the possibility of COVID-19 like outbreak, says a study