Hiring managers reveal a big reason for high unemployment in India
- A third of the
hiringmanagers across industries in India find it difficult to spot the right talent.
- Other challenges to recruitment include matching salary expectations and experience level of the candidate.
- The future will demand professionals to re-skill themselves every 3-4 years so as to evolve in a competitive working environment.
A survey by job search platform Shine says that a third of the hiring managers across industries in India find it difficult to spot the right talent — due to lack of relevant skills.
Almost two in five recruiters noticed that the skills requirement of organizations has turned dynamic and is undergoing a phase of significant transition.
In the future, professionals will have to re-skill themselves every 3-4 years to remain competitive.
“Tech-backed skills are taking the center stage. Professionals are using e-learning platforms to up-skill themselves to meet the expectations of recruiters. We hope to see more pronounced growth in the up-skilling trends across the country, which can power higher employability and make way for a more balanced hiring scenario,” said Zairus Master, CEO of Shine.com.
Other challenges to recruitment include matching salary expectations and experience level of the candidates.
The survey also said that companies are now looking to hire agile talent.
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024