I interviewed Gary Vaynerchuk, and he says there are 4 harmful ways that entrepreneurs feel entitled
- David Neagle is the founder of the multimillion-dollar global coaching company Life Is Now, Inc, helping thousands of entrepreneurs, experts, and self-employed professionals gain confidence and find the right mindset to increase their revenue, turning their endeavors into seven- and eight-figure ventures.
- He recently interviewed Gary Vaynerchuk for his podcast, "The Successful Mind."
- Vaynerchuk discussed the entitlement mindset he sees in some entrepreneurs and the negative effect that it has on innovation.
- He said that prosperity breeds entitlement, and that entrepreneurs are too focused on the small things and the wrong wins.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
We've all heard the expression "There is no such thing as a free lunch." Too often, founders and entrepreneurs believe they deserve something - be it a big customer, funding, or an important introduction - simply because they think it is owed to them.
Gary Vaynerchuk isn't a fan.
Neither am I. On a recent episode of my podcast, "The Successful Mind," Vaynerchuk shared his thoughts on this sort of entitled mindset some entrepreneurs have - and how it is ruining our innovative ecosystem.
"The young, hungrier thing wins, and the fatter, older thing loses. We're the fatter older thing. We think somebody owes us s---," he said.
Too many founders do not understand the amount of work, dedication, and sacrifice that's actually necessary to do what they say they want to do. To build a company, to live a dream, to find their purpose, to change the world, to making millions, whatever it is - they have to work at it. Nothing is just handed to them on a silver platter.
Check out the four things I agree with Vaynerchuk about when it comes to entitlement and entrepreneurship - and how to get past this mindset to find success.
1. Prosperity breeds entitlement
2. We sweat the small things
3. We celebrate the wrong wins
4. We look at success the wrong way
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons