IIT Kharagpur kicks off placement season with a bang — 5 students bag offers over ₹1 crore
- Five students at India’s oldest Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur bagged offers exceeding ₹1 crore on the very first day of the final placement season.
- Top recruiters — Microsoft and
Goldman Sachs— rolled out 38 offers to engineering graduates.
- IIT Madras received 102 offers from top multinationals including Qualcomm.
- IIT Hyderabad closed the first day of placements securing 53 offers from over 15 companies — including new entrants like BookMyShow and Sprinklr.
The number of offers from the public sector also grew threefold, compared to last year. Top recruiters — Microsoft and Goldman Sachs — rolled out 38 offers to engineering graduates.
According to an ET report, the institute witnessed a whopping 50% surge in the international offers rolled out across sectors.
The first day of IIT-K placements wrapped up grabbing over 450 offers from sectors like analytics, software and consulting among others.
During its summer placements, the institute bagged over 500 internship offers, 39 more than last year.
On the other hand, IIT Madras received 102 offers from top multinationals including Qualcomm. Of these, four students were extended overseas placement opportunity.
IIT Hyderabad closed the first day of placements securing 53 offers from over 15 companies — including new entrants like BookMyShow and Sprinklr, the Indian Express reported.
The first day of placements has shown a positive hiring trend at the Indian IITs. Over 1,500 job offers have been made at various IITs so far, Mint reports.
In fact, engineering graduates across 23 IITs received over 1,200 of pre-placement offers ahead of the placement season.
Students across 23 IITs received over 1,200 pre-placement offers ahead of the placement season
90 MBA graduates from SP Jain Global bag international offers — with an average salary of ₹20 lakh
- Best yoga mats
- IndiGo to raise ₹4,000 crore through stake sale
- Supreme Court adjourns AGR case hearing to August 14
- ICICI Bank sets floor price for QIP at ₹351.36 per share — to decide on allotment on August 14
- McKinsey, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia — and some other companies looking for a product manager right now