Inside the work week of a luxury destination wedding planner, who pulled everything together in 5 days and woke up at 1 a.m. to build the venue from scratch
- Lauren Grech is the CEO and cofounder of international event management and design firm LLG Events and global event communications company LLG Agency, and an adjunct professor at New York University.
- Grech plans a lot of luxury destination weddings, and although the sites may be beautiful, the job comes with plenty of challenges.
- She documents one wedding she put on in Newport Beach, California, which she had to arrange last minute.
- Whenever something goes wrong, Grech has to think fast and find an alternate option.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Going into event-execution week for a multiday, multicelebration destination wedding is extremely chaotic, exciting, overwhelming, and most definitely interesting. As an event planner, I experience a lot of different challenges and setbacks, and oversee all of the vendor meetings, load-in, and setup for destination weddings.
This is what a typical work week leading up to the event day looks like for me and my team.
- The Sharing Economy
- Chennai MeT predicts moderate rainfall, thunderstorms in 10 districts of Tamil Nadu
- ISRO moves Chandrayaan-3 propulsion module to orbit around Earth in unique experiment
- Rain, gusty winds as Cyclone 'Michaung' to make landfall in Andhra Pradesh today
- The brains behind India’s burgeoning beauty industry