IT and accounting jobs grew by upto 30% last year as auto hiring fell by 11%
- Every month a million people in India turn 18, ready to take up jobs.
- IT and software was the top job creators in 2019 followed by accounting and
taxation, as per the data by Naukri JobSpeak.
- Among the other top performing industries are retail, BPO and ITeS, and education, with nearly 10% growth.
- Meanwhile, automotive, hotels and hospitality, BFSI and oil & gas are in urgent need for revival after sluggish growth and falling sales.
According to an employment report by job search platform
The job market for the accounting and taxation industry picked up pace in March last year, due to increased insistence on managerial efficiency by organizations.
Among the other top performing industries are retail, BPO & ITES, education & teaching with nearly 10% growth.
Meanwhile, automotive, hotels & hospitality, BFSI (Banking &
Hiring in the auto sector dropped by 11%. While the hospitality industry — which contributes 7% to the GDP of India — also showed a downward projection at 7%.
The report calculated hiring activity based on the job listings on the platform across industries, cities, experience level and functionality.
These are the top 15 emerging jobs in India, according to LinkedIn
Internal hiring in companies rose by 10% in 5 years: LinkedIn
- Samsung Galaxy A31 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Max – Which device should you go for?
- Assam reports 128 new COVID-19 cases
- 48 test positive for COVID-19 in Tripura, tally reaches 695
- Jharkhand reports 7th COVID death, highest single-day spike of 79 cases
- Bihar's COVID-19 death toll rises to 29; cases soar to 4,598