Students across 23 IITs received over 1,200 pre-placement offers ahead of the placement season
- India’s economic slowdown does not seem to affect placements across the country’s premier Indian Institute of Technology (IITs).
- Students across 23 IITs received over 1,200 pre-placement offers ahead of the placement season — which will kick off from December 1.
Goldman Sachsalone extended nearly 64 PPOs across 10 IITs including Delhi and Guwahati campuses.
- IIT Delhi scored nearly 164 PPOs within one week — which is more than the offers rolled out last year.
Multinationals such as Goldman Sachs, Adobe, Amazon and Microsoft rolled out the most number of pre-placement offers this season. I-banking major Goldman Sachs alone extended nearly 64 offers across 10 IITs including Delhi and Guwahati.
“In 2019, 96 students from these IITs summer interned with us, with approximately 70% receiving pre-placement offers to return,” Vidya Lakshmi, head of Human Capital Management at Goldman Sachs told ET.
IIT Delhi bagged nearly 164 offers within a week — which is more than the offers in the entire placement season last year. The top employers at IIT-D include Yahoo! Y\Japan, Samsung and Qualcomm.
On the other hand, IIT’s Madras, Bombay, Roorkee and Guwahati campuses scored 158, 163, 140 and 119 offers respectively. The pre-placement offers almost doubled for IIT Hyderabad students at 37 — up from 19 last year. Two students of the campus bagged overseas offers as well.
Industry experts say the spike in pre-placement offers is a result of summer internships.
The oldest IIT at Kharagpur bagged over 500 internship offers, 39 more than last year. “Recruiting future employees through internship programmes is a tried and tested technique amongst employers. It provides them with enough time to test the interns’ competencies for the job as well as to see if the candidates are culturally fit for their organisation or not,” online internship platform Internshala said.
Multinationals offered IITians jobs across profiles such as analytics, research and development, informational technology and financing.
B-school students get summer placements — but for technology job profiles
AdvertisementAlmost half the companies in India offering internships eventually hire the same candidates
Popular on BI
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x