Skills you can learn online for free right now to improve your resume
- It's always a good idea to keep your resume updated and relevant.
- Free courses for skills such as coding, foreign languages, and photography are available to complete online for free right now.
- Certifications that could also boost your resume, like Google Analytics certifications and first aid training, are also available.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you are looking to improve yourself or your job prospects, or you'd simply like to master a new skill, the internet is your best friend right now.
With stay-at-home orders in place across the country, many companies, colleges, and websites are offering courses online for free. Instead of letting your resume sit untouched, there's a multitude of ways to enhance it.
Here are technical and soft skills you can learn online for free right now.
Learning how to program and code might seem intimidating, but self-paced online courses make for an easy introduction.
You can also start learning a language for free online through companies like Rosetta Stone and Duolingo.
If you want to get creative, there are free online courses for graphic design ...
... or you can become a master at video editing.
You can learn photography skills through Nikon's online school.
Having a handle on basic first aid skills could be helpful in a multitude of workplaces.
Public speaking is a common fear, but powerful figures across all industries are offering their advice online for free.
Master a new skill like design thinking, a creative approach to problem-solving.
More broadly, if you are looking to learn a new subject or brush up on an old topic, there are hundreds of online courses available for free right now, even from Ivy League schools.
You can also earn a range of certifications online, which you can use as leverage during job hunting and even when negotiating a salary.
While not exactly a skill to put on your resume, learning how to elevate your resume itself is just as important, and there are plenty of free resources available to help.
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- Dream11's latest campaign features Rohit Sharma, Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, and Shikhar Dhawan
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Nobel Peace Prize winning journalist calls out Mark Zuckerberg, links Facebook to the atom bomb
- Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
- Pankaj Tripathi and Maanvi Gagroo reprise their role as Kaleen Bhaiyya and Siddhi in Amazon Prime India's Diwali campaign