Swiggy to upskill delivery boys to become company employees
The programme, named "
"Swiggy has consistently maintained that our delivery executives are the backbone of our operations; and we are proud to enable an income opportunity for over 2.7 lakh women and men across the country," said Mihir Rajesh Shah, VP, Operations, Swiggy, in a statement.
"While most may consider their association with the platform as a stop gap between jobs or an education, or even an additional source of income, we realise that there are some who want more. With aStep Ahead', Swiggy is creating a unique opportunity for those interested to flip their collar from blue to white and take on a managerial role," he added.
To be eligible for the role of a Fleet Manager, a Swiggy delivery executive must hold a college degree, possess communication skills and basic computer knowledge and should have been delivering with Swiggy for a few years.
Managing a fleet of delivery executives, the fleet managers, will be responsible for different roles like maintaining metrics like login hours, cancellations, resolving queries, and working on special projects for delivery executives.
Being well-versed with the challenges and opportunities at a ground level owing to their rich experience in delivery, seasoned delivery executives are a natural fit. Over the years, numerous Swiggy delivery executives have joined the platform as fleet managers.
With 'Step Ahead', Swiggy is formalising this process and intends to reserve at least 20 per cent of all Fleet Manager hires for its delivery executives. Swiggy is also considering reducing the tenure requirement to around two years.
Swiggy currently has over 2.7 lakh delivery partners across the country. They receive benefits such as accident insurance and medical cover, personal loans, legal assistance, covid income support, emergency support, income support during accident or illness recovery, bereavement leaves, period time off, maternity cover among others.
top universities producing the most number of CEOs — guess which Indian institute is included in the list
Oil prices remain above $100/barrel as Russia-Ukraine crisis deepens
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open flat ahead of RBI policy outcome – Vedanta, HDFC AMC, Bikaji Foods among stocks to watch out for
- India is home to a great diversity of faiths: US
- Uniparts India IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000