The out-of-office message you need if your company finally caught up with the times and gave you Juneteenth off
- Insider is taking
Juneteenthobserved off tomorrow.
- I wrote an out-of-office message to educate people and let them know I won't be checking
- Juneteenth recognizes the end of slavery in the US on June 19, 1865.
Insider is taking Juneteenth observed off. To prepare, I crafted an out-of-office message to let my contacts know I won't be checking email tomorrow - and educate them on what the historic event is about.
Juneteenth recognizes the end of slavery in the US, when the Emancipation Proclamation reached Texas (then the most remote Confederate state) on June 19, 1865.
I took my usual OOO template and added a link that explains what Juneteenth is. Here's what I wrote:
Thanks for your email! As with a growing number of companies across the country, Insider Inc. has closed today for Juneteenth observed.
I encourage you to read the linked article on the
I'll be sure to respond to your message when I'm back in the office on Monday, 6/21.
Big-name companies such as Twitter and Nike have declared Juneteenth a company holiday as corporate America faces backlash over racial inequality. Other organizations like Microsoft have designated it a "day of listening, learning, and engagement" and canceled meetings.
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit