Wipro to promote 80% of its eligible staff in the next three months — increments will be in line with last year
Wiprowill be promoting 80% of its eligible employees over the next three months.
- The increments awarded will be inline with what was used as the yardstick last year.
- The company is also looking at the increment cycle for its junior employees.
Wipro Chief of Human Resources (CHRO) Saurabh Govil shared that the increments this time around will be in line with what was given last year. “This will make sure that we are rewarding the high performing team members and colleagues,” he said during the earnings call on October 13.
The company added 30,000 people to its roster between July to September. It also paid out 100% variable pay to its employees in the second quarter.
“Now, we’re looking at our increment cycle of junior employees who we’ve hired from engineering colleges,” added Govil during the earnings call on October 13.
Despite the H-1B restrictions imposed by the Trump administration in the US, Wipro is not worried. According to the company, localisation of employees has been in the works for three years now. Nearly 70% of Wipro’s employees in the US are local. “From a business standpoint, we don’t see this impacting us,” said Govil.
98% of Wipro’s employees continue to work from home. According to Govil, this will continue until the end of the year.
VanGuard deal will be the highlight of Infosys' second-quarter earnings as investors look for a hike in guidance
Wipro board approves ₹9,500 crore share buyback plan
OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei reportedly exits company one day ahead of flagship smartphone launch
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024