Chart shows how crazy Neymar's transfer fee was to go from Barcelona to PSG
After whirlwind couple of weeks, Neymar was formally introduced as the newest member of French soccer giant Paris Saint-Germain after paying a world-record transfer fee of US$263 million (€222 million).
On top of that, Neymar's new five-year contract will come with an annual salary of $53 million (€45 million), making him the highest-paid footballer in the world. In total, PSG will eventually pay more than $500 million for Neymar's services.While we can debate whether or not Neymar deserves to be the highest-paid player in the world, it is the transfer fee that is the most jaw-dropping. To get a better sense of just how big it was, here is how it compares to the largest reported transfer fees, according to the BBC. It is Neymar and nobody else is even close.
Mike Nudelman/Business Insider
- Debris from China's disintegrating rocket enters Earth's atmosphere
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation