Chase Sapphire Reserve vs American Express Platinum: Which premium credit card is right for you
Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
Jenny Cheng/Business Insider
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve and the Platinum Card® from American Express are two of the most popular and rewarding premium credit cards.
- Both cards come with benefits, rewards, and perks that more than make up for the annual fees - I personally have both, and despite the high annual fees, still get more value from them.
- There are a few differences between what the two cards offer, though. Read on to see which one might be best for you.
While each card comes with a high annual fee - $450 for the Sapphire Reserve, $550 for the Platinum - both cards come with enough benefits and perks to more than make up for the upfront cost.
The cards have a lot in common, but there are also some distinct benefits unique to each card. Here are some things to look at to figure out which is best for you.Read more: The best credit card rewards, bonuses, and benefits of 2019
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Personal Finance Insider team. We occasionally highlight financial products and services that can help you make smarter decisions with your money. We do not give investment advice or encourage you to adopt a certain investment strategy. What you decide to do with your money is up to you. If you take action based on one of our recommendations, we get a small share of the revenue from our commerce partners. This does not influence whether we feature a financial product or service. We operate independently from our advertising sales team.
Business Insider may receive a commission from The Points Guy Affiliate Network, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
The sign-up bonuses
The travel credits and the annual feeAdvertisement
The airport lounge access
Rewards on everyday spendingAdvertisement
Other travel benefits
- `Marketing in the times of Covid-19: Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance
- Death toll due to COVID-19 rises to 4,531, number of cases climb to 1.58 lakh
- India-based firms spoofing WHO to hack global business leaders: Google
- S&P projects Indian economy to contract 5 pc in FY'21
- No handshakes or hugs, online auditions, and home food only— Indian film industry guidelines for productions post Covid-19 lockdown