Check out Gulfstream's next generation $58 million G600 private jet
Benjamin Zhang/Business Insider
- The Gulfstream G500 and G600 represent Gulfstream's next generation of private jets.
- The G500 and G600 are designed to deliver superior room, comfort, technology, range, and performance than previous-generation Gulfstream jets in the same price range.
- The G500 is listed at $45.5 million while the larger G600 costs $57.9 million.
- Both planes are scheduled to center service sometime this year.
- Here's a guided tour of the Gulfstream G600.
FARNBOROUGH, UK - Even in the crush of aviation madness that is the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow, Gulfstream and the fleet of private jets stand out from the crowd. Perhaps this is my Georgia roots talking, but the big jets from Savannah always had that special something about them.
At Farnborough, the biennial mid-summer get together of aviation notables, Gulfstream brought their whole crew. Parked outside of its stylish chalet was a quartet of jets ranging from the "entry-level" $24.5 million G280 to the stunning $70.15 million G650ER.
But what really caught my eye was the new G500 and G600. The two planes represent the next generation of Gulfstream private jets.
"What the G500 and G600 deliver and bring to the market is really a new equation," Gulfstream senior vice president of worldwide sales, Scott Neal, told Business Insider at Farnborough.
The G500 and G600 are poised to deliver superior room, comfort, technology, range, and performance than previous-generation Gulfstream jets in the same price range, Neal told us.
The dynamic duo was unveiled to the public in the fall of 2014. The G500 took to the air first in mid-2015 while the G500 made its maiden flight in late 2016. Both aircraft are expected to be certified to enter service sometime later this year.
At $45.5 million, the G500 is the smaller and the cheaper of the two. It's designed for customers who don't require the ultra-long-range capabilities of the G600.
I got the chance to take a guided tour of the $57.9 million G600 at the Farnborough Airshow. Check it out.