Check out the video of Oculus Founder Palmer Luckey hand delivering the first Rift in Alaska
But one lucky user already got his headset. And he got it straight from Oculus founder Palmer Luckey.
Luckey made the trip to Alaska to hand-deliver the first Rift, in box signed by Luckey and the rest of the Oculus team, to Ross Martin - the first person to pre-order the $599 Rift.
Luckey posted the video of his Facebook page, noting that he and Martin have a lot in common: "We are both big gamers, and we were both homeschooled as kids. The biggest difference is that I grew up with surfboards while he grew up with sled dogs."
Here's the video of Luckey (who is inexplicably wearing shorts and a Hawaiian Aloha shirt in Alaska in March) making the special delivery:
Personally delivering the first Rift to Alaska!Posted by Palmer Freeman Luckey on Saturday, March 26, 2016
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments