Here’s a list of fines you will have to pay if Motor Vehicle Amendment Act 2019 comes into effect
- The Rajya Sabha cleared the bill to amend 30-year old motor vehicle law to improve road safety on Wednesday.
- The amendment now comes with some strict measures to deal with traffic violations
- Here is a complete list of proposed fines as per the Motor Amendment.
Though the Lok Sabha has already passed The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019, last week, it will head back to the lower house as the government had subsequently amended two provisions.
The amendment now comes with some strict measures to deal with traffic violations in order to bring down the increasing number of road accidents, and cultivate responsible practices.
Proposed fines under Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2019:
|Section||Old Fine||New Proposed Fine|
|New 177 A||Rules of road regulation violation||₹100||₹500|
|178||Travel without ticket||₹200||₹500|
|179||Disobedience of the orders of authorities||₹500||₹2000|
|180||Unauthorised use of vehicle without license||₹500||₹2000|
|181||Driving without license||₹500||₹5000|
|182||Driving despite disqualification||₹500||₹10000|
|182 B||Oversize vehicles||New||₹5000|
|183||Over speeding||₹400||₹1000 for LMV₹2000 for Medium passenger vehicle|
|184||Dangerous driving penalty||₹1000||Upto ₹5000|
|192A||Vehicle without permit||Upto ₹5000||Upto ₹10000|
|193||Aggregators (violations of licencing conditions)||New||₹25,000 to ₹100,000|
|194||Overloading||₹2000 and ₹1000 per extra tonne||₹20,000 and ₹2000 per extra tonne|
|194 A||Overloading of passenger||₹1000 per extra passenger|
|194 B||Seat Belt||₹100||₹100|
|194C||Overloading of two wheelers||₹100||₹2000, Disqualification for 3 months for licence|
|194 D||Helmets||₹100||₹1000 Disqualification for 3 months|
|196||Driving without Insurance||₹1000||₹2000|
|199||Offences by Juveniles||New||Guardian/ower shall be deemed to be guilty.₹25,000 with ₹3 years imprisonment. For Juvenile to be tried under JJ Act. Registration of Motor Vehicle to be cancelled.|
|206||Power of Officers to impound documents||Suspension of driving licences u/s 183, 184, 185, 189, 190, 194C, 194D, 194E|
|210B||Offences committed by enforcing authorities||Twice the penalty under the relevant section|
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet
- Inside pics of the new Mahindra Thar 2020 — The next-gen SUV
- Mahindra Thar 2020 is set to make a market debut today— here’s what to watch out for