Chick-fil-A is rolling out mac and cheese across America
- Chick-fil-A is adding mac and cheese to the menu across the US.
- This is the first side Chick-fil-A has added to its permanent menu since 2016.
- Amanda Norris, Chick-fil-A's executive director of menu and packaging, told Business Insider that the chain has been testing and developing new sides to add more variety to the menu.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Chick-fil-A is rolling out mac and cheese across the US.
The chicken chain announced on Monday that it is adding mac and cheese to menus across the US, after testing the dish in five markets. The mac and cheese features cheddar, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses and is baked fresh in restaurants every day.
"We're very excited about this because we think it's going to be meaningful all day long," Amanda Norris, executive director of menu and packaging, told Business Insider in May, as Chick-fil-A was preparing to launch the new menu item.
"Kids can get this instead of fries with their kid's meal or instead of fruit if they choose," Norris said. "We think it'll be big for dinner, too, because it is a little more hearty."
Norris said that Chick-fil-A has been testing and developing new sides recently, as the chain works to balance variety with its core of classic chicken menu items.
Unlike many fast-food chains, Chick-fil-A rarely adds new menu items. The mac and cheese is the first permanent new side to be added to the menu since 2016.
Chick-fil-A is also rolling out frosted caramel coffee on Monday. The sweet frozen treat combines the chain's cold brew with its "Icedream" dessert and caramel syrup. Frosted caramel coffee will be available through November 9.
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Ajay Devgn performs his iconic stunt for Mahindra FURIO 7 range
- Sensex tops 59,000 mark; Telecom stocks soar
- Investors' interest in Indian SaaS continues as Bidgely bags $26 million from US-based firms
- After selling their previous startup to Quikr, Zefo founders are building an OYO for hospitals
- Disha Patani to be the face of mobile accessories brand Ambrane