China's GDP is expected to surpass the US' in 11 years
The lineup of global economic powerhouses is going to see some changes by 2050.
China is expected to surpass the US in terms of nominal GDP by 2026 - aka in 11 years, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit.India, the strongest emerging market, is expected jump to third place, with real growth averaging around 5% by 2050. Plus, Indonesia and Mexico will vault up into the top 10.
The Economist Intelligence Unit
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients
- You no longer need a Covid+ve report to get admitted to a hospital: Union Health Ministry
- Supreme Court sets up a 12-member National Task Force to facilitate public health response to the pandemic
- Adobe Summit 2021: Empowering a digital-first economy through personalisation
- Crime branch to probe recovery of O2 concentrators from Delhi eateries, including Khan Market's famous Khan Chacha and Town Hall