Chipmakers Qualcomm and Broadcom are fighting to figure out the terms of a $160 billion acquisition
The prospective deal came about in November when Broadcom made an offer to buy its rival Qualcomm.Qualcomm executives initially resisted the deal, but The Financial Times now reports that the company is open to being acquired - but only for a price tag of $160 billion.
So the two companies are at somewhat of a stalemate: Qualcomm says it's open to being bought, but for a higher price. And Broadcom still wants to buy Qualcomm, but at a lower price.
- Commonwealth, women sailing crew to fight marine pollution
- Was Sebamed’s competitive strategy strong enough to leave a long-lasting mark on the consumer’s mind?
- Sensex breaches the historic 50,000 mark as Joe Biden's swearing in triggers a cheer in Indian markets
- JBL Flip 5, boAt Stone 1000 and other Bluetooth speakers on discount on Amazon Great Republic Day sale
- Bollywood leading actresses are writing big cheques for Indian startups