Chris Christie: I'll fly Air Force One over the disputed China islands to show them we mean business
Fox Business Network/screengrab
Tensions over freedom of navigation in the South China Sea have been boiling for months. The US sent a guided missile destroyer within 12 nautical miles of one of China's artificial islands last month, and China has ramped up threatening rhetoric over what it called "rampant US violations of China's adjacent waters and the skies over those expanding islands."
In response to a question about China hacking and spying on the US, Christie brought up the disputed islands that China is turning into military bases.
"I'll fly Air Force One over those islands," Christie said. "They'll know we mean business."
Christie also called President Barack Obama's and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton's foreign policy "feckless" and "weak."
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Rupee slumps 76 paise to close at 82.61 against US dollar
- Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt's duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man, says India's apex court
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World