Chris Christie: I'll fly Air Force One over the disputed China islands to show them we mean business
Fox Business Network/screengrab
Tensions over freedom of navigation in the South China Sea have been boiling for months. The US sent a guided missile destroyer within 12 nautical miles of one of China's artificial islands last month, and China has ramped up threatening rhetoric over what it called "rampant US violations of China's adjacent waters and the skies over those expanding islands."
In response to a question about China hacking and spying on the US, Christie brought up the disputed islands that China is turning into military bases.
"I'll fly Air Force One over those islands," Christie said. "They'll know we mean business."
Christie also called President Barack Obama's and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton's foreign policy "feckless" and "weak."
- I just got laid off from my dream job at Tesla without warning. I feel like my life got uprooted so a billionaire could save some money.
- Four-days work week, full and final settlement within 2 days of exit — new changes at workplaces to reflect from July 1
- Mark Zuckerberg told Meta staff he's upping performance goals to get rid of employees who 'shouldn't be here,' report says
- Antonia Wade, PwC's global CMO, tells Insider how B2B spending changes in tough economic times
- Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
- Bank FDs will draw down from mutual funds if interest rates go up to 7.5-8%, says report
- Best smartphones under ₹40,000 in India
- Are we worse off than we were in 2008? Foreign investors seem to think so