Chris Evans tweets that he's officially wrapped on 'Avengers 4' and hints that he's done playing Captain America
- Chris Evans sent a tweet out on Thursday announcing that he's officially wrapped on filming for "Avengers 4."
- His tweet also made it sound like he is done playing Captain America.
It sounds like Chris Evans is hanging up the shield for good.
After playing Captain America for the last eight years in Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe, the actor took to Twitter on Thursday to announced that he's officially wrapped on "Avengers 4," the sequel to "Avengers: Infinity War," and was "eternally grateful" to everyone for the memories.
"Playing this role for the last 8 years has been an honor," he wrote. Evans has played the legendary Marvel character since 2011's "Captain America: First Avenger."
Here's his tweet:
Disney did not respond to Business Insider's request for comment on if this is Evans' official retirement from the character, but it sounds like it could be.
Officially wrapped on Avengers 4. It was an emotional day to say the least. Playing this role over the last 8 years has been an honor. To everyone in front of the camera, behind the camera, and in the audience, thank you for the memories! Eternally grateful.- Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) October 4, 2018
NOW WATCH: How fake weather is made for TV and movies
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity