Chrysler Sales Surge
Chrysler kicked things off, reporting a 20.1% jump in sales, beating expectations for just 15.9% growth.
Analysts estimate the pace of vehicle sales increased to an annualized rate of 16.55 million units in November, up from 16.35 million in October.
"Autos haven't typically been a focus of Black Friday, but last year the industry made a push to get in on the holiday sales frenzy to good results, and there's an effort underway again this year to get more people into dealerships after Thanksgiving," Morgan Stanley's Ted Wieseman noted. "So we're looking for some more upside to potentially reach 17 million for only the second time in the past eight years."
Here's a running tally
- Chrysler: +20.1% (+15.9% Estimated)
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Xiaomi’s new foldable wants to take on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 with a cheaper price tag
- Here’s why Nasa scientists are sending microorganisms around the moon
- A new study documents first human-to-dog transmission of Monekypox virus in France
- Vedanta partners with IIT-B to develop green steel technology