CHUCK TODD: The Public Is Telling Obama His Presidency Is 'Over'
"This poll is a disaster for the president," Todd said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday. "You look at the presidency here. Lowest job rating - tied for the lowest. Lowest on foreign policy. His administration is seen as less competent than the Bush administration, post-Katrina."
But the number that really stood out to Todd was one in which a clear majority of respondents said they believed Obama could no longer lead the country through the rest of his presidency. According to the poll, 54% said he "cannot lead and get the job done" throughout the rest of his term, compared with just 42% who said the opposite.
And 41% said the Obama administration's performance has gotten worse over the past year, compared with just 15% who said it has improved.
"On the issue of do you believe you can still lead, and a majority believe not," Todd said. "Essentially, the public is saying, 'Your presidency is over' by saying a number like that - 54% saying he no longer has the ability to lead and solve problems. That's one of those things [where] you're sitting at the White House going, 'Wow.'"
Here's the clip, via The Free Beacon:
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- 10 Simple dietary changes to prevent heart disease
- The sure shot ‘signs’ of a successful entrepreneur
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November