Cisco country head of cyber security tells you why this is the best time to take up a job in cyber security
From the job that was also ‘just one of the things the office IT guy’ did, cyber security has entered the boardroom today. It now has serious repercussions on the business, jobs, brand and reputation of any company. And, though companies have regulatory frameworks but they’re never comprehensive enough to really protect data. The immediate need of stringent
“We are seeing companies viewing their cyber security infrastructure in an entirely different manner. Most companies did not see cyber security as an architect they saw it as a collection of products. This Frankenstein approach to solve a problem was good five years back, but today that is allowing hackers to get through loopholes. Organisations have realised that cyber security needs to be integrated in to the network, in the application, through the cloud and with your data set. It is not something that one can keep adding as layers,” said Pravin Srinivasan, Lead, Security Sales, Cisco India & SAARC.
He added that they are seeing that the role of the chief security officer is becoming more business focussed and comprehensive than before and that is changing across industries.
In a recent report,
“There is a serious shortage of professionals in this industry in the country. One thing that will change for sure is the serious shortage of skilled professionals. Some of our announcements regarding investment in the country are around this skilling. We are going to ensure that a lot of professionals who come out trained in IT are also going to be trained in security,” he said.
So if you are thinking of taking up a career in cyber security, Pravin tells us where exactly these will be created.
Advertisement(Image credits: indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike