Closing your eyes in space can cause a terrifying sensation
Kelly replied:It feels like there is no pressure at all on your body. Sometimes it feels like you are just hanging but you are not hanging by anything, just hanging there.But what he said next was particularly fascinating:
If I close my eyes, I can give myself the sensation that I am falling. Which I am, I am falling around the Earth.
The Space Station falls constantly around the Earth, at a speed of more than 17,500 miles per hour. Earth's gravity keeps it in orbit, but that orbit is just a constant speedy fall around the globe.So while most of the time it may feel like just hanging, not being drawn to the ground as we earthbound are; that feeling is caused by the weightlessness of a constant fall that doesn't end as long as you are up in space, a fall that goes around and around the planet.
Sounds pretty fun.
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club