CollegeDekho.com raises $2 million funding from London-based Man Capital
The start-up deals in higher education, connecting students to colleges, and can boast of a database of 22,000 colleges.
The statement also said that the funding will be used to build robust technology, ramp up the team, increase marketing activities and bring on-board more colleges.
It’s been only four months that the company got investment worth USD 1 million from GirnarSoft, the parent company of CarDekho.com.
"We launched CollegeDekho.com with an aim to fundamentally change and improve the journey of college selection process for students,"
The company also offers an app, which has unique features like a step-by-step search tool, which uses basic interests of students to figure out which colleges would be appropriate for them. Other than this, it also provides information on several entrance examinations.
"As such, we were on the lookout for an Indian venture that is not only a pioneer in its segment, but also has the potential to become a global leader in the near future,"
Popular on BI
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report