CollegeDekho.com raises $2 million funding from London-based Man Capital
The start-up deals in higher education, connecting students to colleges, and can boast of a database of 22,000 colleges.
The statement also said that the funding will be used to build robust technology, ramp up the team, increase marketing activities and bring on-board more colleges.
It’s been only four months that the company got investment worth USD 1 million from GirnarSoft, the parent company of CarDekho.com.
"We launched CollegeDekho.com with an aim to fundamentally change and improve the journey of college selection process for students,"
The company also offers an app, which has unique features like a step-by-step search tool, which uses basic interests of students to figure out which colleges would be appropriate for them. Other than this, it also provides information on several entrance examinations.
"As such, we were on the lookout for an Indian venture that is not only a pioneer in its segment, but also has the potential to become a global leader in the near future,"
Popular on BI
- WhatsApp introduces the “Message Yourself” feature, working on voice status updates and more
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Dharmaj Crop Guard IPO subscribed by a whole 35.49 times on last day
- Sensex, Nifty50 rewrite all-time highs yet again – RIL, HDFC twins most active, ICICI Bank touches new 52-week high
- Bollywood films failing is a phase, our films will bounce back strongly: Kajol
- Core sector output growth slows to 0.1% as 4 sectors report negative growth rate
- Reliance Capital Committee of Creditor rejects all bids, considering liquidation