Come March, long press 9 on your mobile phones when in distress
AdvertisementFinally, the government has taken note that most of the people in India do not possess smartphones and cannot download apps to send distress messages to the police.
In a bid to alert the police during distress, the PM Narendra Modi-led government is going to roll out a
Once this facility is rolled out, volume buttons will also be used as distress messages in future.
Once pressed, the alert will provide location information of the person in distress.
The facility is a brainchild of Women & Child Development Minister
Also, an upgrade will be rolled out by the telecom operators for existing handsets.
Reportedly, Department of Telecommunications will send a formal order to service providers to offer the software upgrade on all existing phones.
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India