Conmen duped Indian businessman of ₹14.3 million claiming they could sell a device to DRDO, NASA
- The conmen told the victim that
NASAwas willing to pay around ₹375 billion for a device called the ' Rice Puller'.
- The duo, both motor mechanics, along with a bunch of others, duped him of ₹14.3 million.
- He again entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with another company paying an additional ₹5.11 million.
The police said that the accused was told by Virender Mohan Brar (the father) that his company could arrange for the sale of the item to NASA for around ₹375 billion after testing its genuineness. The tests would apparently be done by DRDO scientists and some chemicals would be imported for it. The accused also told
The victim signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the accused and paid ₹8.72 million for arranging special anti-radiation suits to be worn by scientists during testing, their fees, money for obtaining chemicals required for testing etc.
The victim told the police that initially, the device was to be tested in Hapur, a small city in the northern Indian state of
Later, other associates of the alleged seller of the ‘Rice Puller’ threatened to finalise the ‘deal’ elsewhere and introduced the victim to another ‘seller’, assuring him that this deal was genuine. Narender succumbed to pressure and again entered into a MoU with the company, paying ₹5.11 million on different occasions for the testing of 'Rice Puller', which was now scheduled to take place in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh, the police said.
According to the police, the victim later found out that the ‘scientist’ was working with the accused, and was being paid ₹20,000.
The duo was arrested on Tuesday (8th May) by the Crime Branch and the ‘Rice Puller’ copper plate, anti-radiation scientist suits and anti-radiation chemical stickers were seized from their possession.
CON ARTIST DUO ARRESTED BY FOR DUPING CRORES ON PRETEXT OF SELLING A HYPOTHETICAL PRODUCT ‘RP’ – THE RICE PULLER— Bhishma Singh (@bhishamsingh24) May 8, 2018
‘RP’ is a brass plate alleged to be charged by thunderbolt and required by NASA/DRDO for space research programs. pic.twitter.com/EjOrrLgwBs
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club