'Critical situation': Multiple people injured in California shooting
The shooting occurred around 2 p.m. local time in a residential neighborhood in Azusa, 24 miles east of Los Angeles. Few other details are known about the shooting.
Police are dealing with a suspect who is heavily armed, according to The Los Angeles Times.
"This is a very volatile and critical situation," Officer Jerry Willison of the Azusa Police Department told the Los Angeles Times.
Dean Logan of the Los Angeles County registrar office described the incident as an "active shooter" situation and urged people to avoid two nearby locations.
Monitoring #ActiveShooter situation in Azusa. Two polling locations currently impacted - Memorial Park & Dalton Elementary in Azusa (cont).- Dean Logan, RR/CC (@LACountyRRCC) November 8, 2016
Nearby Slauson Middle School and Mountain View Elementary School were placed on lockdown, according to Fox11.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP