CRYPTO INSIDER: A teenage prodigy told us how to fix bitcoin's energy problem
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Álex Sicart is 18. Like many 18-year-olds, he's currently in the midst of exams - and yet his career is already off to a flying start. Now he's preparing to become a consultant on disruptive technology at Spain's biggest solar farm, where he'll be mining a cryptocurrency being developed in Malaga. Read his full interview with Business Insider here.
Here are the current crypto prices:
In the news:
- Police, suspected scams, and mayhem: Here's what went down at a cryptocurrency influencer award ceremony
- Satoshi Nakamoto was weird, paranoid, and bossy, says early bitcoin developer who exchanged hundreds of emails with the mysterious crypto creator
- The Swiss are using blockchain to refine their clunky business incorporation process
- A crypto-based hiring scheme that pays workers in real-time just went live in Australia
- How to buy and sell major cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple's XRP
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider's Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?