CRYPTO INSIDER: Bitcoin slides after reports of crackdown on the largest crypto exchange in the world
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.Bitcoin was trading lower Thursday amid fears that regulators in Japan might tell one cryptocurrency exchange to cease its operations in the country.
At last check, bitcoin was trading in the red, down 3.1% at $8,635, according to Markets Insider data.Read the full story, here>>
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Britain is getting a cryptocurrency task force
- A Nobel-winning economist is part of a team launching a low-volatility cryptocurrency
- Eddie Murphy-inspired fintech firm signs with Gemini cryptocurrency exchange
- People are using bitcoin's system to share child pornography, researchers say
Join Business Insider's Crypto Insider Facebook group to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>
- Twitter celebrates India's Republic Day with a new emoji
- Sensex tumbles 531 points, Nifty ends below 14,250 — IT and auto drag market lower
- Ahead of farmers Republic Day tractor parade, thousands of police personnel deployed in Ghaziabad
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Q3 profit rises 16% to ₹1,854 crore on low provisions for bad loans
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai pledges $150 million for COVID-19 vaccine education and distribution