CRYPTO INSIDER: Bitcoin slides after reports of crackdown on the largest crypto exchange in the world
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.Bitcoin was trading lower Thursday amid fears that regulators in Japan might tell one cryptocurrency exchange to cease its operations in the country.Advertisement
The digital currency fell approximately $200 early Thursday morning around the time Bloomberg News and other publications reported that Japan's Financial Services Agency (FSA) has been preparing to tell Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world, to stop operating in the country without the necessary regulatory green light.
At last check, bitcoin was trading in the red, down 3.1% at $8,635, according to Markets Insider data.Read the full story, here>>
Here are the current crypto prices:
- Britain is getting a cryptocurrency task force
- A Nobel-winning economist is part of a team launching a low-volatility cryptocurrency
- Eddie Murphy-inspired fintech firm signs with Gemini cryptocurrency exchange
- People are using bitcoin's system to share child pornography, researchers say
Join Business Insider's Crypto Insider Facebook group to discuss cryptocurrencies and blockchain with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar