CRYPTO INSIDER: Katy Perry boards the bitcoin bandwagon
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Katy Perry is on the bitcoin bandwagon. The singer posted a photo to instagram sporting cryptocurrency-themed nail polish.
Here's how the prices stand Thursday morning:
- Bitcoin (BTC): $11,043 (-0.9%)
- Ethereum (ETH): $1,050 (+0.5%)
- Ripple (XRP): $1.22 (-6.1%)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCC): $1,606 (-1.4%)
- Litecoin (LTC): $176 (-1.6%)
- About $400 million worth of cryptocurrency has vanished from a Japanese exchange and no one is sure exactly what happened.
- Starbucks' Schultz: 'I don't believe that bitcoin is going to be a currency today or in the future'
- China's bitcoin crackdown has simply driven trade underground.
- The president of the New York Stock Exchange pours cold water on a bitcoin ETF.
- Finally, Silicon Valley VCs are reportedly lining up to invest in Telegram, the messaging app beloved by crypto traders and criticised by Theresa May.
Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries