CRYPTO INSIDER: Steve Bannon wants to make a 'deplorable coin'
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider's roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Steve Bannon wants in on the cryptocurrency craze.Bannon, President Donald Trump's former chief strategist and the former head of the website Breitbart, has invested in bitcoin and is making plans to dive into the cryptocurrency markets with a group of academics at Harvard to launch a new cryptocurrency called "deplorables coin.
Here are the current crypto prices:
And today's news:
- A tiny crypto firm making 9-figure bitcoin trades is taking a page out of Goldman Sachs' playbook to become a juggernaut
- Cryptocurrency experts have slashed their year-end forecast for Bitcoin by more than 50%
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell major cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple's XRP
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider's Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.