A German travel site will allow customers to pay in dogecoin as part of its debut in the US
- German travel booking platform GetYourGuide announced it will accept
- The move comes as the joke cryptocurrency is digging out of a sharp selloff along with the wider crypto market.
- GetYourGuide, founded in 2009, has sold more than 45 million tours across 170 countries.
View all Offers
- 47% OFF
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Cloud Navy, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 39990₹ 70499Buy On
- 16% OFF
Apple iPhone 11 (64GB) - Black₹ 41999₹ 49900Buy On
- 29% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M32 5G (Sky Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 16999₹ 23990Buy On
- 6% OFF
OnePlus 9 5G (Arctic Sky, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 46999₹ 49999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 29999₹ 29999Buy On
German travel-booking platform GetYourGuide on Tuesday announced that it will accept dogecoin as a form of payment as part of its expansion plans in the US.
"Why waste time worrying about hourly fluctuations in doge when we can invest in making memories by experiencing the best of the real world?" Johannes Reck, company co-founder & CEO, said in a statement.
GetYourGuide, founded in 2009, has sold more than 45 million tours across 170 countries. It offers payment in over 40 currency options, which now include the meme-based cryptocurrency.
The company is expanding its services in major states including New York City, Boston, Las Vegas, Miami, Oahu, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
The Berlin-based company boasts three million customer reviews and has offices in 15 countries.
- Snapchat reaches 100 million monthly users in India, partners with Flipkart, Zomato and MyGlamm for AR integrations
- Former Punjab CM Amarinder Singh announces new political outfit ahead of Assembly elections
- Microsoft records $20.5 billion in profits for July-September quarter riding on Cloud, Office biz
- Best barbeque sets for an easy grill
- Has the legal battle between PhonePe and BharatPe over ‘Pe’ been going on for too long?