A German travel site will allow customers to pay in dogecoin as part of its debut in the US
- German travel booking platform GetYourGuide announced it will accept
- The move comes as the joke cryptocurrency is digging out of a sharp selloff along with the wider crypto market.
- GetYourGuide, founded in 2009, has sold more than 45 million tours across 170 countries.
German travel-booking platform GetYourGuide on Tuesday announced that it will accept dogecoin as a form of payment as part of its expansion plans in the US.
"Why waste time worrying about hourly fluctuations in doge when we can invest in making memories by experiencing the best of the real world?" Johannes Reck, company co-founder & CEO, said in a statement.
GetYourGuide, founded in 2009, has sold more than 45 million tours across 170 countries. It offers payment in over 40 currency options, which now include the meme-based cryptocurrency.
The company is expanding its services in major states including New York City, Boston, Las Vegas, Miami, Oahu, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
The Berlin-based company boasts three million customer reviews and has offices in 15 countries.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day