A new fund will track NFTs and blockchain companies as metaverse ETF takes off
- A new exchange-traded fund from Defiance is investing in companies exposed to NFTs and
- The NFTZ fund is invested in companies including crypto miners, crypto exchanges, and fintech.
A exchange-traded fund that will give investors exposure to the booming world of non-fungible tokens hit the market Thursday. It's called NFTZ.
Created by Defiance ETFs, the novel fund is investing in companies with exposure to the
NFTs, digital collectibles tied to the blockchain, have soared in popularity this year. Total trading volume reached $15 billion as of October, Defiance said.
"The NFT revolution will fundamentally change the economic model for artists, athletes, creators, and many more industries that we can't even conceive of today." Defiance Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer Sylvia Jablonski said in a statement to Insider. "NFTs could be bigger than the internet."
The fund goes beyond NFTs, though. Its companies are "key players" to building the
Some of the fund's biggest investments include fintech banking company Silvergate, crypto miners Marathon Digital Holdings and Bitfarms, and crypto-exchange Coinbase, among others. After launching Thursday, NFTZ fell 2.5% to $23.50 at 12:01 p.m. in New York.
A number of crypto and Web3 ETFs have debuted this year. The Roundhill Ball Metaverse ETF has seen its inflows surge more than six-fold, since the company formerly known as Facebook rebranded to Meta in the hopes of moving into the virtual world. The fund started with just a few million dollars in June and now has $823.2 million in assets, Insider reported. In October, the first-ever bitcoin-related ETF in the US began trading and enjoyed a huge debut.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best wireless headphones for gamers
- Best smart TVs that come with a built-in voice assistant
- Best gaming mice for esports players
- Best mid-range laptops with 15-inch Full HD display
- Best budget laptops for video editing