Anthony Scaramucci praises Elon Musk, trumpets blockchain, and compares bitcoin today to Amazon stock in 1999 in a new interview. Here are the 14 best quotes.
Anthony Scaramuccicompared bitcointoday to Amazonstock in 1999.
SkyBridgeCapital boss trumpeted blockchain, Coinbase stock, and Elon Musk.
The SkyBridge Capital boss, who lasted only 10 days as the White House's communications chief in 2017, also praised Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk, slammed Sen. Elizabeth Warren, and bemoaned the climate crisis.
Here are Scaramucci's 14 best quotes from the interview, lightly edited and condensed for clarity:
1. "Blockchain is a delayering mechanism for our society and for our economy. You could start to delayer all of the middlemen that we've traditionally had for 5,000+ years, and you and I could actually transact with each other. We could take out third parties as big as Amazon and Facebook."
2. "The hedge fund managers are moving. They've decided that they're no longer machetes, but they're Swiss Army knives, and they need to adapt to the new world and get involved in the blockchain."
3. "I'm not a bitcoin or blockchain evangelist. I'm a blockchain understander and investor. I don't think Jesus and Moses got together, made a baby, and named it bitcoin. I just believe that this is going to move the world forward. Once you understand that, you've gotta be a part of it."
4. "We're so early. To use a sports metaphor, we're not even through spring training. We haven't even got pitchers and catchers." - suggesting the blockchain story is only beginning.
6. "I am not going to be a fuddy-duddy and miss this seismic change in what's happening on planet Earth right now." - referring to the acronym "FUD" which stands for fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
7. "The Buffett of the mid-1990s would say, 'I'm not trading Michael Jordan for four scrubs and calling it diversification.'" - explaining why he isn't dumping bitcoin after it grew from 4% to 20% of one of his fund's portfolios.
8. "I'm all about unequal outcomes. You want to create Amazon and all that public good, and shoot yourself into space on your own rocket, mazel tov, God bless you. I hope there are 10 more Jeff Bezoses coming around the block and 20 more Elon Musks, God bless these guys." - Scaramucci wants equality of opportunity, not outcome.
9. "Elon Musk is a visionary. Listen to what this guy is doing, where he's going, and think about SpaceX and the global satellite distribution he's creating. This is going to be revolutionary. You're going to have 5G internet speeds at the top of Mount Everest before the decade is out."
10. "I'm blown away by Coinbase. How could you not want to own a little bit of COIN?" - highlighting the
11. "Elizabeth Warren, for all of her intelligence, could be the least knowledgeable person in the US Senate. You have a system right in front of you that can help millions of underbanked people. You're railing on it when you should be supporting it. It has all of the properties of progressivism that you like." - criticizing the senator for banging the drum on crypto regulation.
12. "Our generation is having a frat party with the environment. We want our grandchildren and our great-grandchildren to live in the frat house on Sunday morning, when the bong water is spilled on the rug, and there's a smell of beer, and there's a little bit of vomit in the living room. We're cooking the place."
13. "My majority partners are Bill de Blasio, Kathy Hochul, and Joe Biden, because they're taking 53% of my dough. I'm the minority partner in my own life. Don't you think I should be involved in the hiring decisions?" - urging people to engage in politics and vote for the people they want to spend their taxes.
14. "When I got bounced from the White House, I guess people wanted me to be really upset and down on myself. They wanted me to wake up in the morning and kick myself in the pants every morning. Whether it's a divorce, or you didn't do well in school, or you got fired from a job, whatever, who cares? Just enjoy your life. That is the number one thing."
- The Cybertruck's lack of door handles confused its first buyers — leading Elon Musk to show them how to open the truck
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI. Here's how her team built her new chatbot.
- Electric eels can change the genetic composition of other organisms by shocking them!
- Exploring vibrant flavors: 10 healthy salad options in India
- 10 dry fruits to include in your daily winter diet
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life