Axie Infinity's developer just raised $150 million in a funding round led by Binance to start reimbursing victims of the historic $625 million crypto hack
- Sky Mavis said Wednesday that Binance led a $150 million funding round to put toward reimbursing victims of the historic crypto
- Others involved in the funding round include a16z, Dialectic, Animoca Brands, and Paradigm.
Sky Mavis, the developer behind
Other companies involved in the fund raising include blockchain game company Animoca Brands, venture capital firms a16z and Dialectic, as well as Web3 investment firm Paradigm.
Sky Mavis and Axie Infinity will also contribute balance sheet funds toward paying users who were impacted by the massive swindle, which is believed to be one of the biggest in the history of crypto.
"Sky Mavis is committed to reimbursing all of our users' lost funds and implementing rigorous internal security measures to prevent future attacks," CEO Trung Nguyen said in a Wednesday statement.
Additionally, Sky Mavis is implementing new security measures and going through internal audits, which can take several weeks. After these steps are completed, the Ronin Network bridge — the blockchain protocol the hacker exploited — will reopen.
Ronin will also get an increase in its so-called validator nodes, which are proof-of-stake tools that confirm transactions, so they won't be as vulnerable to hackers in the future.
Meanwhile, Binance has fully restored deposits and withdrawals on Ronin after halting them last week then partially resuming them.
Axie Infinity is the most-played NFT game of all time. Over 2.6 million users own Axie
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Markets poised for positive momentum in August as domestic and global inflation eases
- Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands