Bitcoin slides 8% after Elon Musk hints at a potential split with the popular cryptocurrency in a tweet with a broken-heart emoji
Bitcoinfell as much as 8% on Friday after Elon Muskappeared to mourn a break-up with the cryptocurrency.
- The digital token was just recovering from a broader cryptocurrency crash last month.
- Crypto boss Justin Sun said he would buy all the bitcoin that Musk sells.
Bitcoin slipped as much as 8% on Friday after Elon Musk signaled a potential breakup with the digital asset by posting a broken-heart emoji and a reference to a popular "Linkin Park" song.The token was just recovering from a broader cryptocurrency crash last month in the wake of increased regulatory scrutiny from China. After appearing to be in calm waters, the coin fell 8% to around $35,600 on Friday once Musk tweeted "#Bitcoin" along with a broken-heart and an image of a couple contemplating a break-up. His tweet came three weeks after
View all Offers
- 17% OFF
Mi Smart Band 5 – India’s No. 1 Fitness Band, 1.1-inch AMOLED Color Display, Magnetic Charging, 2 Weeks Battery Life, Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI), Women’s Health Tracking₹ 2499₹ 2999Buy On
- 75% OFF
OFIXO Multi-Purpose Laptop Table/Study Table/Bed Table/Foldable and Portable Wooden/Writing Desk (Wooden)₹ 492₹ 1999Buy On
- 66% OFF
Samsung EVO Plus 64GB microSDXC UHS-I 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MC64HA)₹ 649₹ 1899Buy On
- 62% OFF
Boya BYM1 Omnidirectional Lavalier Condenser Microphone with 20ft Audio Cable (Black)₹ 750₹ 1995Buy On
- 51% OFF
Lenovo 300 Wired Plug & Play USB Mouse, High Resolution 1600 DPI Optical Sensor, 3-Button Design with clickable Scroll Wheel, Ambidextrous, Ergonomic Mouse for Comfortable All-Day Grip (GX30M39704)₹ 249₹ 506Buy On
The billionaire's tweets have often seemed to influence the cryptocurrency's price movement as he has been one of the most prolific backers of its decentralized technology. In recent days, however, Musk has taken a more controversial stance by suspending Tesla payments made in the asset, citing issues related to its massive energy consumption.Crypto boss Justin Sun - a protégé of Alibaba founder Jack Ma - replied on the same thread, saying he would buy all the bitcoin that Musk sells.
The Tesla boss has previously said his EV-maker, which is the second-largest corporate holder of bitcoin, has not sold any of its holdings. He also claims he is holding on to the ever-volatile
- Shortform apps to take over second spot in users time spent after Internet giants like Facebook and Google: RedSeer
- OPINION: Rupee exchange rate against the Euro may improve to 86 in the near term
- Mortgage startup Easy has raised $15 million to provide quick home loans in a matter of days
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem IPO makes strong listing on exchanges with 100% premium, shares open at ₹2,111
- Cognizant guidance gets peer stocks like HCL Tech and Tech Mahindra buzzing