Blockchain.com is launching an NFT marketplace and has opened a waitlist for users as the digital collectibles market booms
Blockchain.comis launching its NFTmarketplace in the coming weeks.
- Users can sign up for a waitlist to get first access to buy, sell, and hold NFTs within the app.
A new marketplace for non-fungible tokens is coming soon to Blockchain.com.
Users of the crypto-trading app can now sign up for the waiting list, the company said in a Thursday blog post. In the coming weeks, people will be able to buy, sell and store NFTs in their Blockchain.com wallet, the company said.
"We want to make accessing the NFT market as easy as accessing the
Coinbase Chief Executive Officer Brian Armstrong said on an investor call that he thinks NFTs "could be as big or bigger" than crypto.
While demand for NFTs — blockchain-enabled digital collectibles — has soared this year, cryptocurrencies remain a much larger market. Total NFT sales in 2021 are expected to hit $17.7 billion, according to a research report from Cointelegraph. Meanwhile, the total cryptocurrency market cap has hit $3 trillion in 2021.
Many are also still debating the worth of NFTs. Enthusiasts say the digital assets may be the key to the future of the internet known as the metaverse. Critics, like one who right clicked and downloaded every NFT in existence, say they're worthless and bad for the environment.
- Akasa Air takes to the skies, flagged off by Civil aviation minister
- As FIIs come back, India's forex reserves rise by $2.4 bn
- Markets to keep a close watch on US and Indian inflation data
- Demand for tablets drops as online schooling ends
- Reliance Industries will be hosting its 45th AGM this month — all your need to know