Crypto billionaire Mike Novogratz says bitcoin holding at $40,000 shows the market is in good shape - and recommends buying the dip
Photo by John Lamparski/Getty Images
Mike Novogratzsaid bitcoin bouncing off $40,000 is a good sign for the cryptomarket.
- He said he's not worried about the recent sell-off and that it's a "buy-the-dip" opportunity.
- Bitcoin and ether fell sharply on Monday as the
Evergrandecrisis rattled financial markets.
Speaking after cryptocurrencies sold off sharply at the start of the week, Novogratz told CNBC earlier this week that he thought the market remained in good shape. Cryptocurrency prices rallied on Thursday, with bitcoin and ether rising along with altcoins.
Advertisement"We held $40,000 overnight in bitcoin and $2,800 in ethereum. I think those are very important levels for people to watch. As long as those hold a think the crypto market is in good shape," he said.
Bitcoin rallied 5% to $44,159 on Thursday, according to Coinmarketcap, while ether - the cryptocurrency on the ethereum network - rose 6.4% to $3,122.
Yet both remain considerably lower than on Monday, when bitcoin stood above $47,000 and ether was above $3,300. They fell sharply on Monday, with bitcoin testing $40,000 on Tuesday, as worries about Chinese property developer Evergrande shook markets, causing investors to ditch riskier assets.
Read more: 3 altcoins to buy: a crypto consultant explains why ether could surge to $15,000 and flip bitcoin, and criticizes one token as an overvalued 'joke'
Novogratz said he's not nervous about the declines, however, and said he thinks it's a "buy-the-dip" situation.
AdvertisementThe crypto billionaire, a former hedge fund boss who founded the digital assets investment firm Galaxy, said he's seeing lots of engagement and activity in the crypto market. He pointed to SoftBank's participation in a $680 million funding round for sports NFT marketplace Sorare.
Novogratz said he thought Monday's sell-off was also driven by concerns about regulation in the US. "The market got itself a little too long," he said.
Popular on BI
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- Researchers develop AI-based algorithm that can detect unseen signs of heart failure
- Zoho adds features that can turn a video call into remote assistance for repairing cars, appliances and more
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons