eBay will allow NFT sales on its platform as it taps into the growing market for digital collectibles, report says
eBayis entering the NFTmarket and will allow the sale of digital collectibleson its platform, Reuters reported Tuesday.
- The online ecommerce site said it will rollout tools and policies for users wanting to buy and sell NFT items.
NFTs - digital representations of artworks and collectibles that exist on a blockchain ledger - have surged in popularity in 2021, highlighted in part by the $69 million sale by famed auction house Christie's of a digital collage by Mike Winkelmann, an artist known as Beeple.
"In the coming months, eBay will add new capabilities that bring blockchain-driven collectibles to our platform," Jordan Sweetnam, general manager for eBay's North America market, told Reuters.
EBay's CEO Jamie Iannone told CNBC last week the company was looking into cryptocurrencies as an option for payments for its site.
- Mayhem Studios announces a new battle royale game with locations, gangs and other elements depicting India
- Technique used to track ants’ movement might soon help scientists in measuring snow depth from space
- Three senior Twitter employees quit amid ongoing Musk-Agrawal internet war
- Indian CEOs could get the best salary hike in 5 years; and they already make ₹7 crore/yr on an average
- Vedantu follows Unacademy’s footsteps — fires over 600 people in May