Former JPMorgan banker turned DAO developer says credentials don't matter in fast-growing crypto world
- Jacob Blish of the Lido DAO told Bloomberg he doesn't care about the background of potential hires.
- Age and education don't matter in
crypto jobs, he told Bloomberg, just how quickly a person learns.
- Blish left his job at
JPMorganChase after two years for a career in the fast-growing cryptoworld.
If you're looking for a job in the crypto world, you may be in luck.
As crypto collectives known as
"The industry is growing so fast, I need people who are fast learners," he told Bloomberg. "If you're 42 or 22 and you went to Harvard or didn't go to college at all, it doesn't matter."
Blish, according to the report, left JPMorgan Chase as an analytics developer after two years for a crypto career. He's now looking to expand the team at Lido, a DAO focused on solving staking issues in Ethereum 2.0. Blish did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
DAOs, short for decentralized autonomous organizations, are in essence a group of people pooling resources — usually money in the form of cryptocurrency — for a common goal. The DAO's rules and votes are established on blockchain technology, giving every member a say.
Crypto hiring has surged in recent years with the number of jobs in the industry surging nearly 400% from 2020 to 2021, Bloomberg found, citing LinkedIn.
Insider previously reported financial firms including Goldman Sachs, Fidelity, JPMorgan Chase, and Wells Fargo, have added 1,000 jobs with the word "crypto" in the description in the past three years. Many of those jobs came with a big pay bump, too.
- JPMorgan's Jamie Dimon says he isn't afraid of China, but would leave if the US government told him to
- Charlie Munger once said he and Warren Buffett weren't interested in emulating Elon Musk: 'We don't want that much failure'
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- From Tata Punch EV to Lamborghini Revuelto, cars set to launch in India in December
- Climate Finance Top of the Agenda at The Second Edition of R.A.C.E. Sustainability Summit Held on the Opening Day of COP28 in the UAE
- Tesla launches Cybertruck at $60,990, delivers to 1st batch of customers
- GDP reading, exit polls push Nifty to record high; Sensex jumps over 400 points
- Plan your year-end – Banks shut for nine days all over India in December