Lionel Messi’s NFT crypto art collection ‘Messiverse’ is dropping on Ethernity tomorrow
- Messi had also received part of his welcome package at his new club in cryptocurrency.
- Messi’s NFTs are being minted on
Ethernity, by artist BossLogic.
- BossLogic has also worked with Hollywood studios for NFTs around their movies.
While the NFTs officially drop tomorrow, the artist had announced the association on August 5 via an Instagram post. The post included a digital image of Messi, along with the caption, “Been in the works for awhile, beyond honoured to work with @ethernity and with the legend @leomessi on his first official drop!” Which also confirmed that the NFTs, titled the
The images in question are of Lionel Messi, portrayed as a superhero, a Greek hero and more, in his new number 30 PSG jersey. The pieces are titled Man from the Future, Worth the Weight, The King Piece and more.
BossLogic is no stranger to NFTs. The artist has worked with Marvel Studios in the past and had also launched the Godzilla vs Kong NFT in April this year, which was billed as the first
Further, Messi himself is no stranger to NFTs and cryptocurrencies either. The football star received his new club’s fan token as part of his welcome package to Paris-Saint Germain, the French club where Messi is expected to play out the rest of his career. The club had said that a “significant” amount of fan tokens were given to Messi, though the exact amount wasn’t disclosed. The value of the PSG fan token had also swelled ahead of Messi’s arrival at the club.
Messi’s NFT drop is yet another instance of cryptocurrencies making in-roads into the sports ecosystem. While PSG is one of the leading clubs to have launched its own tokens, other large football clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal and many more have done so too. On the other hand, Indian platform Rario had announced that an NFT-platform meant specifically for cricket on August 15.
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
Coinbase is looking to expand and has a $4 billion war chest to hedge against a possible ‘crypto winter’
The hacker behind the biggest heist in crypto is now refusing to return the remaining funds
Popular on BI
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report