NFT sales hit $455 million over the past week. These were the 5 best-selling digital collections.
- NFT sales had a breakthrough year in 2021, and over the past 12 months, volume has hit $24 billion.
- But after nearing $1 billion in a single week in January, NFT sales have slowed amid an ongoing sell-off in cryptocurrencies.
- These were the five best-selling digital collectibles that helped drive $455 million in NFT sales over the past week.
The cryptocurrency boom over the past few years has helped propel a newer market to record heights: digital collectibles known as
In fact, total NFT sales volume hit $24 billion over the past year as artists, investors, and entrepreneurs descend upon the nascent Web3 space.
NFTs use blockchain technology to keep a digital record of ownership, similar to cryptocurrencies. They were first launched on ethereum, the same blockchain that supports the cryptocurrency ether, and most NFTs can still only be purchased using
But the ongoing sell-off in cryptocurrencies has taken a bit out of NFT sales. Weekly NFT sales have bee more than cut in half from its early January peak of nearly $1 billion, according to data from NonFungible.com.
Bored Ape Yacht Club and Cryptopunks continue to maintain their dominance as the most popular NFTs to own, which comes just a week after the creators of BAYC, Yuga Labs, acquired Cryptopunks from Larva Labs.
These were the five best-selling collections over the past week, according to NonFungible.
7-Day Sales Volume: $3.9 million
Number of Sales: 315
Highest Sale Price: $203,000
Explainer: "Doodles come in a joyful range of colors, traits, and sizes with a collection size of 10,000. Doodles are a funky bunch that like to role play or transmogrify themselves into delicious treats. Holding a Doodle allows you to participate in coordinating the Doodles Community Treasury."
7-Day Sales Volume: $6.4 million
Number of Sales: 147
Highest Sale Price: $113,000
Explainer: "10,255 token NFT project consisting of 9400 admission tokens, 555 gift goats, and 300 access tokens; including many one-of-ones. The main ambition of this project is to create meaningful intellectual property and create an extraordinary community."
3. The Sandbox
7-Day Sales Volume: $7.6 million
Number of Sales: 679
Highest Sale Price: $26,000
Explainer: "The Sandbox is a community-driven UGC-voxel platform where users own their LAND and host their creative magic."
7-Day Sales Volume: $8.6 million
Number of Sales: 162
Highest Sale Price: $371,000
Explainer: "10,000 unique collectible characters with proof of ownership stored on the Ethereum blockchain. The project that inspired the modern CryptoArt movement."
1. Bored Ape Yacht Club
7-Day Sales Volume: $33.5 million
Number of Sales: 2,588
Highest Sale Price: $716,000
Explainer: "BAYC is a collection of 10,000 Bored Ape NFTs -- unique digital collectibles living on the Ethereum blockchain. Your Bored Ape doubles as your Yacht Club membership card, and grants access to members-only benefits."
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts