One of Cathie Wood's Ark funds just gave itself clearance to buy Canadian bitcoin ETFs as the firm's crypto ambitions grow
- Cathie Wood's Ark gave itself clearance to buy Canadian bitcoin exchange-traded funds, SEC filings show.
- The Ark Next Generation Internet ETF's prospectus now includes a reference to Canadian bitcoin funds.
- The move comes as the US SEC has yet to approve applications for over a dozen US bitcoin ETFs.
Cathie Wood's Ark Investment Management just gave itself clearance to buy Canadian bitcoin exchange-traded funds, SEC filings show.
On Friday, the firm tweaked its Ark Next Generation Internet ETF's fund prospectus to include a reference to holding exposure to cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin indirectly through "exchange-traded funds domiciled in Canada."
The prospectus later listed "Canadian Bitcoin ETFs" as an example of a pooled investment vehicle
The ETF already invests in bitcoin indirectly through the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust. GBTC is the second largest holding in ARKW, with a 5.52% weight that is worth over $313 million.
Ark's move towards Canadian bitcoin ETFs comes as the US continues to delay approval of the investment vehicles in the country. Currently, the US SEC is sitting on over a dozen crypto-focused ETF applications.
ARKW slipped 1.1% after the Monday opening bell.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons