Pop star Katy Perry is launching NFTs for her fans through a blockchain-based video streaming platform
Katy Perrysaid on Wednesday she will offer NFTswith Theta Labs.
- She will have a minority share in Theta Labs via her talent agency, Creative Artists Agency.
- The pop star says she's "both excited and curious to be launching my first ever NFT".
Katy Perry is launching a series of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) with Theta Labs, a blockchain video streaming platform, as she she joins the growing ranks of artists and celebrities in tapping into the crypto-craze.
The pop star, who announced the launch in a tweet on Wednesday, will release digital collectibles that will feature her upcoming play residency at Resorts World Las Vegas hotel from December 2021. She said she will also have a minority share in Theta Labs through her talent agency, Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
"I'm both excited and curious to be launching my first ever NFTs later this year with the Theta Network," Perry said. "This is a new, unique opportunity to connect with my fans around the world even if they aren't with me in Las Vegas. I can't wait to dive in with the Theta team on all the exciting and memorable creative pieces, so my fans can own a special moment of my residency that's both a digital collectible as well as an IRL [in real life ] experience."
Perry is one of the most successful pop stars of the past few years, with nine Billboard hot 100 number one singles, as well as a slew of accolades to her name, including five American Music Awards, and at least one Brit award.
Theta Labs has its own blockchain called the Theta network and has collaborated with other celebrity projects before. For example, the company has live-streamed the launch of one of Elon Musk's SpaceX rockets, which they announced on their website.
"Working with a global icon like Katy Perry over the next year marks an important inflection point in the Theta Network's history and a big step towards global adoption of the Theta blockchain," Mitch Liu, co-founder and CEO of Theta Labs, said. "With the help of CAA and Katy's management team, we're charting a course towards reaching well beyond crypto enthusiasts to millions of music, media and entertainment fans around the world."
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn