'Rich Dad Poor Dad' author Robert Kiyosaki warned a historic market crash is coming, trumpeted bitcoin, and channeled Warren Buffett in a recent interview. Here are the 10 best quotes
Matt Carasella/Patrick McMullan/Getty Images
Robert Kiyosakiexpects financial marketsto suffer their most devastating crash ever.
- The "
Rich Dad Poor Dad" author said he bought bitcoinat $9,000 and wants it to get cheaper again.
- Kiyosaki dislikes
stocks, and encourages young people to become entrepreneurs instead of employees.
AdvertisementRobert Kiyosaki warned financial markets are careening towards their worst crash ever, celebrated the bitcoin sell-off as he wants to buy more, and compared
The "Poor Dad Rich Dad" author also slammed the US government for borrowing too much and devaluing the dollar, trumpeted the value of debt to investors, and encouraged young people to start businesses instead of becoming employees.
Kiyosaki - a personal-finance guru - has been criticizing federal-stimulus programs, warning of a historic market bubble, and urging investors to stockpile bitcoin, gold, and silver for several months now.
Here are Kiyosaki's 10 best quotes from the interview, lightly edited and condensed for clarity:1. "The next crash is basically an avalanche waiting for the last snowflake. Since 2008, all the federal government has been doing is piling more debt on the mountainside, and they're just waiting for the next snowflake to hit. It's going to be the biggest crash in world history." - Kiyosaki attributed the snowflake analogy to "Currency Wars," a book by economist and author Jim Rickards.
2. "They teach you to go to school, get a job, and work for this garbage. I just compare this garbage to what gold, silver, and bitcoin is." - predicting the US dollar will become as worthless as the Zimbabwean dollar, and arguing gold, silver, and bitcoin will retain much more of their value.
3. "I entered at $9,000. I'm still in the money, and I'm very happy it's coming down so I can buy more. Simple." - commenting on bitcoin's price tumbling from north of $60,000 in April to about $34,000 today.
4. "When the yuan becomes crypto, when the dollar becomes crypto or the fedcoin, what will that do to the banking system? That's the most important question you can ask today." - discussing the potential impacts of central-bank digital currencies, or CBDCs.
5. "I don't own any stocks, I don't like stocks. I don't have to own stocks because I'm an entrepreneur. I build my own assets like the Rich Dad company, an international brand. A brand is what Warren Buffett invests in, like McDonald's or Gillette or Coca-Cola."
6. "To the young people I say, 'Don't be an employee, become an entrepreneur like Bill Gates or Elon Musk or those characters, then you get really rich.' But if you can just sit there and play the stock market, you may as well play bitcoin too."
7. "Build a business that does well in crashes, booms, or busts. Young people shouldn't go to school and become employees, they should become entrepreneurs and capitalists, and build businesses that create jobs."
Advertisement8. "These other goofballs are saying, 'Get out of debt, live debt-free.' Every time I have a chance to buy real estate, I borrow as much money as I can. I think I'm about $1.2 billion in debt. I make millions of dollars a month in cash flow and I pay no taxes, because the tax system incentivizes people who use debt. Everything they teach you in business school is a bunch of BS."
9. "The real guys like Trump and me, we're in debt up to our eyeballs, and we pay no taxes. That's what we teach, and it's different than everybody else."
10. "I'm not saying that having a stock portfolio is right or wrong, but there are other alternatives. Just open your eyes and see how the rich are really getting richer."
For a more in-depth discussion, come on over to Business Insider Cryptosphere — a forum where users can deep dive into all things crypto, engage in interesting discussions and stay ahead of the curve.
China’s crypto crackdown is not likely to stop with Bitcoin mining — stablecoins, software, influencers are also on its radar
Cryptocurrencies aren't all diamonds and roses — lawsuits from people who lost big are piling up with exchanges
Crypto sports sponsorships are heating up again with multi-million dollar deals on the table
The CEO of the world’s largest cryptocurrency asset manager reckons that crypto as an asset class is ‘here to stay’ — Here are 12 of his best quotes
Popular on BI
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council