Solana Hack: 8000 crypto wallets compromised, millions wiped out
Blockchain Solanawas hacked, compromising 8000 crypto wallets and wiping out millions.
- Solana supports builders around the world creating crypto apps.
- The attack has affected "hot" wallets which are always connected to the internet.
In yet another major cryptocurrency hack, the popular blockchain
Solana is a high-performance Blockchain supporting builders around the world creating crypto apps that scale today. The attack has affected "hot" wallets which are always connected to the internet, allowing people to store and send tokens easily.
"Engineers from multiple ecosystems, with the help of several security firms, are investigating drained wallets on Solana. There is no evidence hardware wallets are impacted," said Solana. The exploit has affected several wallets, including
"There's no evidence hardware wallets have been impacted -- and users are strongly encouraged to use hardware wallets. Do not reuse your seed phrase on a hardware wallet - create a new seed phrase," Solana informed.
"Wallets drained should be treated as compromised, and abandoned," it added. The attack also compromised other wallets including Phantom, Slope, Solflare, and
Phantom, a Solana-based wallet that hit $1.2 billion in valuation earlier this year, said it's "working closely with other teams to get to the bottom of a reported vulnerability in the Solana ecosystem."
"At this time, the team does not believe this is a Phantom-specific issue," the wallet developer said. This could be a "supply chain attack" that manages to steal users' private keys.
The attack on Solana came as cryptocurrency service
Inputs from IANS
Popular on BI
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life
- Budget 2023 proposes 20% TCS on foreign expenses under LRS