Star couple Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen just made an investment in crypto firm FTX
Tom Bradyand Gisele Bündchen entered a long-term partnership with cryptocurrency firm FTX.
- Brady will serve as an ambassador while Bündchen will be the environmental and social initiatives advisor.
- The couple has also committed to an annual multi-million dollar donation throughout the partnership.
Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen entered a long-term partnership with cryptocurrency firm FTX Tuesday, making their foray into the world of digital assets.
As part of the deal, the couple will each be taking an equity stake and will both receive cryptocurrency, according to an announcement. Details on the value of the stake as well as what kind of cryptocurrency were undisclosed.
Brady, a seven-time Super Bowl Champion, will serve as an ambassador, while Bündchen, an internationally acclaimed supermodel, will be the environmental and social initiatives advisor.
The company said it will "help guide" the couple through their "continued education on this nascent asset class."
FTX has already opened accounts for the couple in Blockfolio, the cryptocurrency app that FTX acquired in 2020.
"After talking with Tom and Gisele on our shared interest in crypto, charity, and doing your best, I was excited for them to be a part of what we're building at FTX," Sam Bankman-Fried, CEO of FTX, said in a statement.
The 29-year-old crypto billionaire added: "The three of us have a shared passion for giving back in ways that are the most impactful."
On top of the investment, FTX and the couple have committed to annual multi-million dollar charitable contributions throughout the partnership.
On June 28, the football star jokingly posted a question on Twitter, accompanied by a graph of the bitcoin's price decline: "Alright the
The recent FTX deal comes a week after the cryptocurrency firm partnered with Major League Baseball to become the first cryptocurrency exchange sponsor in professional sports.
Prior to that, Bankman-Fried, through Blockfolio, also won naming rights to the NBA's Miami Heat arena until 2040.
Bitcoin has been trading rangebound at just around half its April peak price of nearly $65,000. it was up by 4.59%, to $36,332 as of 12:25 p.m. ET.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day