There is an exodus of games from Web2 to Web3, says this blockchain adoption entity
Tezos Indiawill support game developers by providing Ecosystem Growth Grants worth $10,000.
- The online gaming market in
Indiais projected to reach 657 million by 2025.
- Game decentralized applications currently account for 52% of the blockchain industry.
“Web3 games will be the next big thing as it is opening new economic and creative opportunities for gamers and game developers. There is potential to unlock a $100 billion gaming market. With this initiative, Tezos India is setting the stage for a decentralized future in gaming where massive participation is expected in times to come,” said Om Malviya, President, Tezos India.
This initiative by Tezos India includes an incubation programme, a Web3 gaming handbook, and a Web3 gaming course crafted by the founding team within the Tezos India organization.
It will support game developers by providing Ecosystem Growth Grants (EGG) worth $10,000 coupled with an opportunity to join the
Game decentralized applications (dApps) currently account for 52% of the blockchain industry, according to a report by Dappradar. It also says that VCs and private investors have invested over $10 billion into blockchain-based game projects since 2021.
Given the widespread use of mobiles and low data rates, the online gaming market in India is projected to reach 657 million by 2025 according to a report by KPMG.
Amanjot Malhotra, head of growth at Tezos India, said, “There is an exodus of games from Web2 to Web3 as industry leaders have realized the future of gaming is on the blockchain.“
Interested game developers can submit their applications with details of the project and roadmap on the TIGL website. TIGL's global partners such as Tezotopia, IndiGG, and others will help the game developers collaborate internationally.
SEE ALSO :
Suspected case of monkeypox in Patna
Rapido CEO, Unicorn India Ventures invest in social commerce startup Windo
Popular on BI
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937