Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey signalled his enthusiasm for bitcoin again, saying it is the most important thing to work on in his lifetime
Jack Dorseyexpressed optimism over the future of bitcoinonce again.
- At a conference, he said there is nothing more important to work on in his lifetime, CNBC reported.
- Bitcoin has the potential to create a whole new financial infrastructure, Dorsey added.
Bitcoin enthusiast Jack Dorsey spread further positivity about the cryptocurrency on Friday, CNBC reported.
"Bitcoin changes absolutely everything," the Twitter and Square CEO said at the Bitcoin 2021 Conference. "I don't think there is anything more important in my lifetime to work on."
He continued: "If I were not at Square or Twitter, I would be working on bitcoin. If [bitcoin] needed more help than Square or Twitter, I would leave them for bitcoin."
According to Dorsey, bitcoin is capable of creating a new financial system that is more inclusive and supportive for neglected communities, per CNBC.
He also sees cryptocurrency as a way to protect against currency depreciation and quicken international transactions for people all over the world.
This is why Dorsey and Jay-Z partnered on a new bitcoin endowment in February, which will be focused on developing the cryptocurrency in India and Africa.
Called "₿trust," the endowment was funded with an initial investment of 500 bitcoin, worth roughly $23.6 million.
"I don't think there is anything more enabling for people around the world," Dorsey said.
Insider reported in May that the tech mogul believes bitcoin changes everything for the better and that he would work "forever" to improve the cryptocurrency. He followed up by saying that "no single person (or institution) will be able to change [the cryptocurrency], or stop it."
Back in March, Dorsey sold his first tweet as an NFT, converted the proceeds of the sale into bitcoin, and then donated it to Give Directly's Africa Response.
- A massive study from Israel suggests older adults were far less likely to develop severe COVID-19 after a booster shot, but the finding carries major limitations
- Everything you need to know about iOS 15: Release date, new features, supported devices
- Watch SpaceX launch 4 space tourists into Earth's orbit
- Wealth management firm White Oak Capital gets SEBI’s nod to enter mutual fund business
- IPO-bound Pine Labs raises another $100 million
- Virat Kohli to step down as India’s T20 captain, says he had ‘immense workload’ over the years
- India's bad bank gets government nod — green lights NARCL with ₹30,600 crore guarantee
- Byju’s acquires yet another coding-for-kids startup, this time an American one